A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
The Hinton-Turner Funeral Home, founded in August 1860, was formerly a part of the J. T. Hinton Company, a combination furniture and funeral business, which was located at the corner of Sixth and Main Street. The caskets were made upstairs at this location, but the funeral parlor was across the street in the Holliday Building on Sixth Street.
In January 1883, W. O. Hinton came into the firm with his father, J. T. Hinton, and in June 1926, Raymond Turner became associated with the firm. A partnership between W. O. Hinton and Mr. Turner was formed February 10, 1937, and the firm began operating under the name of the Hinton-Turner Funeral Home, a name which is carried on to this day. On May 20, 1955, and after extensive renovation, the funeral home moved into its present location, the beautiful old colonial type architectural home situated at 526 Pleasant Street.